Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Reindeer Wreath Toss

Pin It
For the Relief Society Christmas party I planned a few weeks ago we had dinner and minute-to-win-it type games.
I found a couple of ideas on Pinterest and then came up with a few of my own.
I had seen a reindeer game for sale where someone wears balloon antlers on their head and the other players tossed rings to catch on the antlers, but I didn't want to spend our budget money on that, so I made my own version of the game.
This could also be great to make for your little ones at home!

 To start out I grabbed an old wire coat hanger from the closet.
I untwisted the hook part at the top and cut off two long pieces with wire cutters.
These were going to be the base of the antlers.
 I then cut off smaller pieces of the hanger to make the different points on the antlers and used a hot glue gun to glue them to the base pieces.
Once the glue dried and the antlers were in place I quickly painted it so it looked better.
I originally attached the antlers to a headband and was going to have people wear it, but I decided to make a reindeer head on the box instead.
We had pizza the night before and the box was completely clean on the inside, so I figured that would work perfectly.
I flipped the box inside out 

 I poked two small hoes for the antlers to go through.
 I added a little dab of glue,
 and stuck the antlers in.
 Next was the face, it was pretty straight forward, two eyes,
 and a red nose.
 Ta-da!
The little tabs on the side of the box look like little ears :)
For the wreaths I found these glittery-green pipe cleaners at the dollar store.
 I just made a circle shape and twisted the ends together.
For the Christmas party we had the ladies try to toss as many wreaths onto the antlers as possible in a minute.

1 comment:

  1. This is so simple and easy. Thank you for sharing this method of making a simple yet interesting game for the Christmas. Kids will also love to make and play this game.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...