Search This Blog

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Spinach Salad

Pin It
A few months ago, in the earlier stages of pregnancy, I told my husband I was craving a good salad. 
I told him kind of what I had in mind, and then he added some thoughts as to what might go together well.
For some reason I would go grocery shopping, and somehow come home without the ingredients needed to make this salad...I think it was because I didn't want to commit to buying stuff and having extra if it wasn't going to be as good as I wanted it to...
Anyways, I now make this at least once a week. I add little variations here and there, depending on what's in the cupboard.
Trust me folks, it's so yummy!

Ingredients
- baby spinach
- walnuts
- Craisins
- Feta cheese (the one we have is a block)
- Raspberry Vinaigrette

(not pictured:)
- Romaine lettuce
- bacon
- Parmesan cheese wedge
I just grab a good-sized handful of baby spinach and throw it in a bowl. I also usually roughly chop 2 leaves of Romaine lettuce. Toss in a small handful of walnuts and Craisins. With the Feta I slice off a small section and then roughly chop it up, same with the wedge of Parmesan cheese.
If I have bacon in the house...which let's face it, I usually do...I will cook up 2 slices of bacon, chop them up and throw them in the salad as well.
Toss everything with the Raspberry Vinaigrette, and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I love a yummy in my tummy spinach salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I't a wonderful salad! I'm a vegetarian and I can actually eat this every single day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there. I am a new follower and I blog over at www.southernnewlywed22.blogspot.com where i share some of my infertility journey, a few favorite recipes, and just daily life. I would love for you to stop by and say hello soon! Have a great weekend!
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...