Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Fudgy Brownie Dessert

Pin It
First of all, the most important thing to tell you, is this brownie batter is made by throwing everything in one pot, that's right ONE.  I love anything that cuts down on dirty dishes!!  
So, my husband requested this delicious dessert Friday night, luckily I was able to use his phone to take pictures...yes, my camera is still getting fixed :(.  At least his phone can take really good photos, so I just had to share it with this dessert with the rest of the world!  IT IS SOOO GOOD!  I've made these brownies for A LONG time, like years, that's how are delicious they are on their own, but one night after I'd made them my husband looked through our fridge to try and take them up a notch.  
This is the glorious masterpiece he came up with.  Now we just make the brownies just to have this...

 Ingredients:
  • 1/2 c. unsalted butter
  • 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate (pictured below so you'd know what it looks like)
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
Toppings:
  • vanilla ice cream
  • dulce de leche, or caramel
  • shredded coconut
  • whipped cream
  • we've also added chopped nuts before, there's no right or wrong, let your imagination run wild! :)
In a medium saucepan melt butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.  Once it's melted remove from heat.  Stir in the sugar, and then add the eggs, one at a time, and mixing in completely with a wooden spoon after each egg.  Stir in the vanilla.  Then add the flour and baking soda, and mix it all together.
Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 cake pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Let cool for a few minutes, then assemble the masterpiece.  We spread a layer of dulce de leche, or caramel, on the brownie, then top with the vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, shredded coconut, and on this one I drizzled a little more caramel on top.  Sorry there aren't more pictures of the process, but with just having to throw it all in one pot, I felt there wasn't much I could document...again with the one dish...I know, I know...
Hope you enjoy!

For a printable version of this recipe click here.





4 comments:

  1. I have had these at your house!! So good. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes you did, I remember that! I think you guys are the only ones we've made them for.

      Delete
  2. These look amazing! Found your blog via a comment you left on my personal picture clocks over at Rosy Red Buttons. :) I would have emailed but it wouldn't let me for some reason. MDF is a particle type board you can find at any home improvement store. When you go in, just ask an employee and they can lead you there, and even cut it for you. :) Thanks again Michelle! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thank you for responding regarding the question, that helps a lot, now I know where to begin :)...I wonder why my e-mail isn't working, I might have to look into that...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...